
My mom and I arrived at Nauvoo around 3 on Friday (12/14) and thought that we will have to hang out until 5:30 but we ran into a friend, J., who informed me that Lia's endowment session is at 4 not 2:30. So we got to do an endowment session with Lia who was so surprised when she saw us in the Creation room. She was so happy that we were able to make it to her endowment session.
The sealing ceremony was so fantastic. The entire time, I was thinking about how this new family is going to be together for eternity. Even if my family (my parents and us) will not be together forever, Kwan and Lia will be and I was so ahppy for them. They will be all right. :)
Saturday was Kwan's graduation.
My brother's wedding was in the morning then in the afternoon, I went to my friend, C.'s wedding with A. We all grew up together in Macomb ward but we weren't able to hang out for a while. Also, C. stopped coming to church but we are still friends and love him.
Around 4, I went over to the church building to set things up for the reception. After setting things up, I wandered around and got to the chapel where I felt so much at home. I almost cried because this is where everything started. This is where I learned the gospel. Is this what it would feel like to return to Heavenly Father?
At 5:30, there was a baptism which made me think of my own baptism in Macomb almost 11 years ago. This really is my home and everyone in Macomb is my family.
The reception was so amazing. the food was so good! Sister T. prepared so much food and had a ton of leftover. The center piece that Lia made were really cute too. She had different items that represent the number of years Kwan and Lia have known each other, years they dated, months that they had been engaged, etc. Super cute! :) The entire time, though, I followed them around and took pictures of them with guests.
Sunday was so awesome because I got to see all the familiar faces! These are they who encouraged me, taught me, and led me to become who I am now. I will always be in debt to them. Many complimented (?) me saying, "You look so different!" Thanks...I guess? They are used to seeing me with a long hair. I told Sister A. White that it's the suit. :) In a serious note, I am different because I have changed over the years and many things have changed me for good.
On Monday, my mom and I flew out to the Denver airport. Both of our flights got delayed but mine eventually got cancelled so I had to go to an information center to figure out what was going on. While I was waiting in line, I started talking to a girl behind me. It turns out that she was going into the MTC the next day and going to Washington D.C. on her mission. Her name was Evelin from Estonia but spoke perfect English.
The airline put us in 11:30 am flight the next morning and gave us some vouchers to stay at a hotel and for free meals. Even though my mom's flight was going to leave in an hour and half, I decided to help Evelin with her travel so I said good-bye to my mom then Evelin and I rode a shuttle to the hotel where we had dinner together and then breakfast together the next morning.
On Tuesday, I finally arrived at SLC and got my luggage that arrived the night before. I said good-bye and good luck to Evelin and we went our separate ways.
What an adventure!
![]() |
| A detour |
On Monday, my mom and I flew out to the Denver airport. Both of our flights got delayed but mine eventually got cancelled so I had to go to an information center to figure out what was going on. While I was waiting in line, I started talking to a girl behind me. It turns out that she was going into the MTC the next day and going to Washington D.C. on her mission. Her name was Evelin from Estonia but spoke perfect English.
![]() |
| The hotel room |
![]() |
| My dinner |
On Tuesday, I finally arrived at SLC and got my luggage that arrived the night before. I said good-bye and good luck to Evelin and we went our separate ways.
What an adventure!





0 comments:
Post a Comment