I have been indexing like CRAAAAZY so I haven't had time to blog but today I do!
I've been thinking about what it means to be a father. In the Marriage Prep class, we have been talking about how if we have a list of qualities that we want in our future spouses, that list should be for us, who we should become. I realized that I want someone who has motherly qualities; therefore, I need to have fatherly qualities. I started to think about what that meant. What does it mean to be a father? It meant being selfless, humble, patient, and charitable. A father works all day so that a child can open a door to a pantry or a fridge and expect to find food without any doubt.
As I thought about this, I realized that having father-like qualities means having Christlike (or God-like) attributes. Our Heavenly Father is, obviously, our Father. He loves and cares for us. What dose He do for us? Everything. He provides whatever we need. He protects us from harm. We, like a little child, expects to find things without knowing where they come from (blessings are all around us).
Basically, to be a father, I need to develop Christlike attributes. When I start to become more father-like, I would be able to develop Christlike love toward others as well because I will understand God's love for all of His children.
Additionally, this morning I listened to Elder Oaks talk from the last General Conference. He said:
"Children are highly vulnerable. They have little or no power to protect or provide for themselves and little influence on so much that is vital to their well-being. Children need others to speak for them, and they need decision makers who put their well-being ahead of selfish adult interests." -Protect the Children-As we are powerless to God, children are also powerless to us. As God loves, cares, and protects us, we must love, care, and protect our children.
0 comments:
Post a Comment