I was going to write about how I got this job that I have now but it was too long so I am going to make it really short and sweet.
I worked at the Intermountain Medical Center for about 11 months. I wanted to become a radiologic technologist; however, I didn't like the idea of working and going to school full-time when we were going to have a baby. I didn't want to miss anything. I didn't want to miss our little Emma growing and learning new things. I wanted to be there to experience and enjoy all of it.
Thus, I began my search for a new job. At times, it was frustrating, disappointing, discouraging, and depressing. However, I knew I had to keep trying: trying to find the right job, right career, and right path. For a while, I wanted to go into business management and perhaps get a degree in MBA. I guess that wasn't what the Lord had in mind for me.
After many interviews and sending off lots and lots of resumes, I was offered a job as an imaging scheduler at TOSH. It would be a desk job and would pay a little better than the job I had previously. I thought that I would just stick with it until I find something better. During that time, however, I also had an interview at BYU as an office specialist.
While TOSH was deciding whether they wanted to hire me or not, I had an interview at BYU on a Tuesday and a few hours after the interview, they invited me to a second interview the next day. During the second interview, I met with an assistant dean of the department and learned what I could do to move up in the department. I thought that this would be the best opportunity for me to get more education and have a stable career. I really wanted this job.
However, something that I feared would happen happened. TOSH offered me the position as an imaging scheduler. I really wanted that job at BYU but I wasn't sure I was going to get it. I decided that I would tell TOSH that I would accept the job and then if BYU offered me their position, I would just call them back and reject it and take the job at BYU. (This is exactly what I did with the rad tech assistant position (my previous position) almost a year ago now.) And that is exactly what happened.
BYU called and offered me the position that I have now. It is salaried with great benefits. I love, love, love working at BYU. I love the people I work with, the environment I am in, the possibilities, and everything. Perhaps, I am so "infatuated" with this job because it's something new; however, I don't think I will regret the decision and regret not going into the rad tech program.
Just to tell you a little about what I do now, I personally deal with all the off-campus people wanting to have a luncheon or a meeting at BYU (everyone else has their own responsibilities) and we all basically reserve rooms on campus for events. It is a desk job; however, it is never boring...except when we have finals since we can't schedule anything during finals. Thus, I am writing on my blog.
Thursday, April 14, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment