08-05-08 Tuesday
"This is it... last day [at] the MTC. I leave to LA tomorrow at 5.
"I already packed half of my things and waiting for my laundry to be done.
"...After lunch, we came back to the classroom to get our jackets and [Hermano] Salmon left us some notes. Mine is on the back cover of 3rd journal.
"...I am afraid. I [am] not afraid to go to LA. I am not afraid to speak Spanish, but I am afraid [that] I will never see everyone in my district again. Hermana Smith, Hermana Colgan, Elder Kim, Elder Arnold, Elder Heaps, Elder Gardner, Hermano Salmon, and Hermana Summers. I hate goodbyes. I don't want to say goodbyes. I don't want this to end. I really don't.
"After walking around everywhere and packing, we went to the TE building and said goodbye to [Hermano] Johnston. Then we met [Hermana] Summers. She said she is going to write letters to us so she wanted to meet us in the classroom.
"...After the Devotional and District Devotional Review, we got everyone in the zone to come to our classroom and sang "God Be With You Till We Meet [Again]" in Spanish. Hermano Salmon actually came too! He ran from the temple and made just in time. It was amazing. I loved it.
"Afterward, we said goodbyes to Hermanas. [Hermana] Smith was crying. I wanted to give her a hug so bad. I know we will see each other again.
"Right now it's 11:30. I have to wake up at 4. I wrote on Elder Campbell's journal and [Elder] Ridge's. I know they are going to be great missionaries.
"I hate goodbyes. I hate them so much. Why can't we just stay together forever? Why do we have to meet amazing people then go away? I hate this feeling of leaving them. I hate goodbyes because I feel like I will never see them again. Will I see everyone again? Will I be able to keep in [touch] with them? ...I already miss them. I know I will cry as I leave the MTC. I just know...
"This is the last page of this journal and last day [at] the MTC. Tomorrow is the beginning of my journal, my mission, and everything...."
0 comments:
Post a Comment