Saturday, July 13, 2013

Home

What is home? Home is where you have your family and people you love. Home is where you feel security, comfort, joy, peace, love, and belonging-ness. Home is a place of refuge and shelter.

Where is your home? Where do you call it home? Where is my home?

I do not have a physical home that I could call anymore. My parents live in Sacramento but I do not feel that Sacramento is my home. I usually tell people that I am from Macomb, Illinois because I loved the people there and got baptized; however, I have not lived there for a long time. I was born in South Korea but the only ties I have with Korea are my relatives; other than that, I got nothing.

So where is my home? Is a home a place? Do I not have a place that I can call "home" then?

What if a home is not a physical place but in someone's heart? What if you can call it "home" when someone makes you feel secure, comfortable, happy, peaceful, loved, and belong? Does anyone make me feel all those things? Who is this person? My best friend.

My best friend should be able to make me feel this way. Who is my best friend? I talked about this before but I do not believe that I have "best" friends except one. Christ. He is the only One who has constantly been with me. He's the only person who would not disappoint me and would always keep His promises. He makes me feel secure, comfortable, happy, peaceful, loved, and belong. He is my home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment