It's been a while since I have blogged so what I am going to do is I am going to copy what I have been writing in my journal because there were a lot of things I would have posted here but I've just been lazy. A lot of thoughts will seem disorganized but if I am listening to talks or something like that, my ideas just jump from one to the next.
Sunday, June 23, 2013
"Something I've been thinking about is how when people think about their families, most would imagine every member of their family. But what if I told them to imagine one member, a father for example, gone from the picture? That's my family. I don't know how everything will work out in the end; however, I do not want anyone to have that. I want everyone to have the desire to share the gospel and bring others to Christ so that there would be no "empty seats." All the seats will be full and so will their joy.
"Sometimes we are not open to share the gospel with others when they come looking for the truth. Are we ready to share? Are we ready to bless the lives of others?
"Be not afraid but let charity fill your heart and invite others to come unto Christ. Think about what they desire, what they need, and what their concerns are. Listen, listen to them and listen to the Spirit. Speak, speak what they seek and what the Spirit tell you to speak.
"My new motto is, 'I will go where you want me to go. I will say what you want me to say. I will be what you want me to be.'
"What everyone needs is the feeling that they are needed. They want to be a part of something. There are people who are ready and when we read out to them. They will know that God's watching over them and will come back to His fold.
"Kyoo, do you remember when you were young, recently baptized, how everyone in the ward was welcoming and how they supported you? Without them, you would not be here. They welcomed you and made you a part of the family. You can do the same for others. You can help others be a part of this great family. Just remember what you have gone through.
"All the callings I had...did they not build on top of each other until I got this calling as a ward mission leader? Because I cared about those who passed on and temple work, I am not able to serve people to come unto Christ so that they could have eternal families. I had to learn and grow until now, and I will continue to learn.
"It's not just inviting people which we must do but have faith that they will return to the activity. Believe in God's power and in them. They all have accepted the gospel before. All they need is a reminder."
Tuesday, June 25, 2013
"Conversion is not either 'you are converted' or 'you are not converted' but a degree or a process. You could be converted enough to come to church every Sunday but you might not be converted enough to pay tithing. However, once you are converted (in one aspect), you are asked to 'strengthen your brethren.'
"Second of all, you have to remember that the gospel is all about others. The two greatest commandments are: love God and love your neighbor. All the other commandments or responsibilities are founded upon those two. You should always remember that it is about helping and serving others."
Thursday, June 27, 2013
"Christ had to learn and grow in the gospel and receive knowledge as we do. I may falter and do not know everything but as Christ did, I can continue to grow and become stronger. I just need to figure out how I can do it and always do my best.
"Wisdom is not only applying what you learn but also being able to see the consequences of your choices and applications thereof. Someone who is wise makes choices understanding what kind of consequences would come about when you make a choice. For example, King Solomon knew how great the love that mothers have for their children so he commanded that a baby to be cut in half to satisfy two women arguing over the baby. He knew that a real mother would want the other woman to take the baby rather than see the baby die. This is true wisdom.
"A new goal: stop thinking about myself but think about what others need. I should write down everyone's name that I have stewardship over then pray for them individually to know their needs, desires, and struggles. Once I start thinking about them, I will receive more revelations on how to help them.
"'Faith stronger than sight, looks up thru the skies.' (From The Lord is My Light) This teaches that when we have faith, we look beyond what we see physically. We hope for a better world. We would see what God would see."
That's all I am going to post at this time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment