I have been home for over 3 and half years. I have learned Spanish on my mission and refined my Korean.
Recently, I started to speak Korean more often and started watching Korean TV shows which helped me refine it even more.
The reason why I am talking about this is because I had few opportunities to use Korean and Spanish to serve people. There are three Korean nurses at the hospital where I work and on my breaks, I visit them frequently. One night, I decided to visit one of them, Nurse H. I visited her many times before but for some reason that night we started to talk about the gospel. During our conversation, I was surprised to find out that she was not attending church currently. Because I had learned the gospel vocabularies in Korean on my mission and I had been refining my Korean, I had this opportunity to get to know her beforehand and now talk to her about the gospel. Not only that, I was able to share all the things that I have been learning through reading some church books.
Tonight, I had an opportunity to talk to a patient who only speaks Spanish and calm him down when he broke down crying. I had not had many opportunities to speak Spanish; however, since I knew that there was a patient who only spoke Spanish, I had downloaded a Spanish-English dictionary app to brush up on Spanish a little bit and tonight I had the opportunity to use it. Also, I got to translate some phrases that could help other co-workers communicate with him.
I am not a perfect person. I can't say that I am always in tuned with the Spirit. However, I can say that I am grateful that the Lord is willing to use me and my talents to bless the lives of others even if I didn't know that I was being prepared.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment