Friday, September 16, 2016

Decions Determine Destiny

Dear readers,

I will probably be writing off and on from now on.

I am currently reading "To the Rescue," a biography of President Thomas S. Monson. One of the chapters is titled, "Decisions Determine Destiny." In the chapter, he says, "There are factors within you and within me even basic principles with which we have been imbued from our creation, which seem to call out and demand of us our best. Those particular years and those cravings and those bits of inspiration seem to be telling you and me, 'Seek the best in life. Look for opportunities where you can be of greatest service.'"

An excerpt from my journal:
"Every decision you make determines your destiny. You have control over your future!
"When I decided not to pursue a career in rad. tech. I made a decision that would forever change my life. I will probably never have to work on the weekends. I will be deeply rooted at Brigham Young University and get the education for free.
"Who knows? Maybe I will find something else or change my destiny through other decisions. I pray, though, that all the decisions will be inspired and would lead me to be of greatest service to those around me, especially my family."

The Currant Bush
Recently, I was reminded of this story of the Currant bush by Elder Hugh B. Brown. I am not going to summarize the story because you can watch or read it. However, the most important part and what I want to talk about is this: "I am the gardener here. I know what I want you to be.

The decisions we make shapes our destiny because it helps us become who we are supposed to be. I do not think that I would be a bad person for becoming a rad tech; however, it wouldn't provide me with opportunities that I now have with other opportunities that my current job will bring. It helps me become who God wants me to be.

Conclusion
Getting to where I am now, in the Dean of Students Office as an Executive Secretary, was a really frustrating, disappointing, and miserable experience. You can read all about it here...which shows that I didn't even write about how I changed my job...or they changed it for me. I got promoted! Yay!! From Campus Scheduling to the Dean of Students Office!

Anyways, I know that God's hand was in my life and he had guided me to make the correct choices that would help me become who He wants me to be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment