Sunday, August 1, 2010

July 1, 2008

Korean Speaking missionaries (on top)


07-01-08 Tuesday
"Oh man, talk about humility! Today we had a [Teaching Evaluation] with Hermana Summers and man, did she chastise us. WE just went in there thinking that we are going to teach three principles in Spanish perfectly. We did horrible and she told us that we didn't teach by the Spirit! Double slaps in the face!
We got chastised so much that I was so humbled by it. I realized that I shouldn't worry about Spanish so much because Spanish will come. I need to think and learn how I can teach by the Spirit.
'Successful people are willing to do what unsuccessful people aren't willing to do'
[Joseph Smith History] 1:24-25. Apostle Paul and Joseph Smith both saw [Jesus Christ]. But for what they saw, they were persecuted. We will also be persecuted for what we believe. We, however, will go on."

Great teachers always want the best for their students so it was really awesome that Hermana Summers told us straight on what we needed to work on. Elder Gardner and I always worked on teaching by the Spirit on our mission and teaching according to people's needs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment