Sunday, August 8, 2010

July 17, 2008





07-17-08 Thursday
"During my personal study, I read 2 Nephi 26 and 27. [Chapter] 26 [verses] 27 [and] 28 say that the Lord commanded His people to persuade all men to repentance and that everyone has a privilege to partake of His goodness.
"Everyone has a privilege to partake of the goodness of the Lord and I am to persuade all men to repentance so that they can partake of the goodness.
[Chapter] 27:24 says the Lord is a God of Miracles and performs miracles even today; however, He works according to the faith of His people.
"During Teaching Evaluation with Hermano Johnston, he was an investigator who was interested in the Church. He believes in everything we "taught;" however, did not pray to know it's true because he doesn't see the point of praying. He also didn't understand why he needed to know about Joseph Smith.
"We asked tons of questions to find out how he felt about the gospel and the Church. I learned that I need to know how much the investigators know and understand what I have taught. If we want to move on with the teachings, we have to understand how much the investigators know.
"'A quality life is one that positively influences others and makes the world around a better place in which to live. A quality life is me that is constantly growing, expanding its horizons and enlarging its borders. A quality life is one that is filled with love and loyalty, patience and perseverance, kindness and compassion. A quality life is one that is based on external potential and now confined to this life only. A quality life is well lived.' -M Russell Ballard-
"[Referral Center] was fun. Almost at the end, I got a chat, and this guy said he was sad because it feels like God is not answering his prayers. I told him that God works in His time, not ours and that I have felt the same way before but He always answers our prayers. I also sent him a link to a talk by one of the Apostles. I really hope he will understand that the answers can be 'no'
"During [Hermano] [Salmon]'s class, we had a TE to practice resolving/finding our investigator's concerns. I was prompted to take 'A Proclamation to the World' and I sooooooo used it. Our 'investigator' felt like his wife doesn't love him anymore. We used the pamphlet well but we needed to connect it to the Restoration.
"Since Monday, Elder Gardner, Elder Campbell, Elder Ridge and I have been doing ab workout. It's only 8 [minutes] long but it's pretty effective. Why am I doing it? Honestly I want 6-8 packs but I also do to keep in shape. I don't want to be too fat.
"I love my district. I thought about how I'll feel when I leave to LA. I'll be leaving [Hermanas] Colgan and Smith and my teachers, [Hermana] Summers and [Hermano] Salmon. It's really depressing to think [that] I won't see them for 22 months. I really hope we all will see each other again..."

I laughed when I wrote "6-8" packs here because look at me now. What 6-8 packs? hahaha
This was a long entry but I really feel like I wrote what I needed to write.
We had less than 4 weeks together and I was a little sad thinking about leaving the sisters at the MTC and about not being able to see all of them. Of course, I met the teachers and the sisters already but what about few years from now? Will we keep in touch with each other? I guess that's the beauty of technology. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment