Monday, November 14, 2011

A New Sunday Routine

I started going with a group from my ward to rest homes to sing. I've been doing it for about a month now but yesterday was a little bit different. After going to sing with a group, I went to another rest home by myself because I felt like it. I met a woman named Loraine (I hope that's how she spells her name). I talked to her for about an hour and it wasn't just her talking to me about her life but also me talking to her about my life. I have never realized how lives of older generations and younger generations can connect so easily. I loved listening to her and she loved listening to me. I sang "I Stand All Amazed" and "He Shall Feed His Flock." While I was singing the latter, I sang it to her. I focused on her. The song touched her heart and I saw her wipe away some tears from her eyes. I promised her that I would visit her again next Sunday and left her with my name on a piece of paper and a hug.

0 comments:

Post a Comment