Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Past Haunts Me

Don't you sometimes wish that you could go back in time and change something? Don't you sometimes wish that something never happened to you? Don't you still think about that day when everything just fell apart?

There are many times when this applied to me. One of them still haunts me though. Actually all of them do but this one particular incident affected me so much that I am not the same as before the incident.

I am going to give a short version of the story.

When I was in high school, there was a girl I liked. I told her I liked her and she told me that she liked me too. (Awwwww, cute...) But on one weekend, I asked her to do something with me but she said she had something to do. I was an idiot so later I jokingly told her that she "ruined" my weekend. She got mad at me ever since then and we rarely spoke to each other. Even now we don't acknowledge each other's existence and don't talk to each other.

It doesn't sound bad when I tell this story but it affected me so much. It might not have had any effect at all to her but I still suffer from it. I have this fear now that if I ask a girl (whom I am close to) out and it doesn't work out, it might get really awkward between us and that she will never talk to me again. I've gone on dates with girls but I have never gone out with them on a second date. It's not that I am afraid of being rejected but I am afraid of losing a friend.

I don't know if I will ever be able to overcome it. Wait, yes I do. I know I will overcome it but I don't know when I will be able to overcome it. Maybe someday I will.

0 comments:

Post a Comment