Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Christ Is The Reason

Before I start, I just want to tell you something funny. I've been citing scriptures and putting links so much that I figured out how I can highlight the verse I need and send you straight to that verse. I know, that's kind of nerdy but it's just too easy to figure out.
"Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not." -Doctrine And Covenants 6:36-
I honestly don't remember the train of thought when I was looking for that verse but when I found it, I decided to analyze the meaning of it. How does looking to the Lord in every thought get rid of fear and doubt? What does it mean to "look unto [the Lord] in every thought"? The topical guide for "thought" was motivation. So we can say that a thought is a motivation or a reason to act. If Christ were our "thought," motivation, or reason to act, how would we act? We would try to align our will with His and would do everything that is righteous. We would become more Christlike because we would do what Christ would do. Wouldn't it be like asking yourself, "What would Christ do?" all the time? Perhaps, that's what it means to "look unto [Him] in every thought."

Also, when we are going through trials or temptations in our lives, we can always "look unto" Christ, who will give us peace and comfort.
"I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." -John 14:18-
We do not have to doubt that our Father in Heaven loves us. We do not have to doubt that He would leave us alone. Just because Christ did it alone, we wouldn't have to think that we would have to do it alone. Christ did it alone so that we don't have to do it alone. We have nothing to fear because Christ is with us always. As one of the Primary songs, I Am a Child Of God explains this concept well:
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me.
What we should always remember is that, He does walk beside us but it's up to us to take His hand so that He can lead us and guide us.

What comfort and hope that sentence gives: "Look unto me in every thoughtdoubt not, fear not." Do not fear or doubt but look unto Christ. Just as the sign of His birth cast out fear and doubt, Christ Himself can also do the same.

0 comments:

Post a Comment