Monday, July 2, 2012

Not My Thoughts Part 5

I saw one of my friends at the library who asked about my life. As we were talking, he told me about how he was kind of frustrated that this girl who took out on few dates might not be interested in him. I understand how he felt because I've been in the same shoe many times.

Dating is frustrating because it's like a guessing game and you will never know if you are right or not unless you talk to the other person. What's more frustrating is that when things just don't work out...ever.

I told him about my life and my experiences with dating. I told him about a book, Look Up, My Soul, which helped me humble myself and rely on the Lord completely. I told him many things that I have learned recently. Then I realized that a lot of things I have experienced and have learned are not only for me but for others.

My life, I know for surely, is to serve others. I have been given this life so that I can gain a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ to share it with others. I have this physical body so that I can serve others. My life is not mine but others' (which makes God's).

Related Posts
Not My Thoughts Part 4
Not My Thoughts Part 3
Not My Thoughts Part 2
Not My Thoughts

0 comments:

Post a Comment