Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Kyoo, The Proud

I didn't realize this before but I think that when I get mad at someone or something, I am just being prideful. I am not being humble enough to accept people's opinions or take a minute to think about their point of view. 

Page 126 of Preach My Gospel, there is a Christlike attribute activity you can do. Under Charity and Love, there are two questions that made me reevaluate my life: "I feel a sincere desire for the eternal welfare and happiness of other people" and "I try to understand others' feelings and see their point of view."

I told a friend before that many Koreans are very prideful. I thought I was an exception but I was wrong. I am very prideful. I stopped thinking about other people's happiness but only cared about my own feelings. I tried to do anything that could protect me from getting hurt. When things didn't work out the way I wanted, I complained about how people didn't understand how I was feeling. For that, I am very sorry. I keep messing up. I keep complaining. I keep losing hope and faith. If I truly had faith and was humble, I would never lose hope and would never complain because I would always trust the Lord and accept His will. I would try to understand others' feelings and point of view. I would want their happiness even if it would cost mine.

I need to remember that my life is not my own; it's the Lord's and His children's. I did not come here to satisfy my needs and wants but to satisfy others' needs and wants. If I truly wanted other people's happiness, I would never get mad at them but try to understand what they are seeing and feeling so that I can help them any way I can.

Life is hard. It should be.
For he who is not able to abide the law of a celestial kingdom cannot abide a celestial glory. -Doctrine and Covenants 88:23-
If we are trying to live the law of the Celestial Kingdom, life should be hard. I am so ashamed of my faults; however, I hope to improve myself so that one day I can stand before my Maker spotless.

0 comments:

Post a Comment