Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Not My Thoughts Part 6

The writer of this blog is an inspiration to me. She lost her husband about a year ago through a brain tumor and has two little toddlers to care for. It is very hard for her to cope with her husband's death but she is growing spiritually everyday and never ceases to trust God (you should realize by now that I rarely say 'trust or believe in God). In one of her recent posts, she mentioned how God has a perfect timing and quoted Elder Neal A. Maxwell.
"The issue for us is trusting God enough to trust also His timing. If we can truly believe He has our welfare at heart, may we not let His plans unfold as He thinks best? The same is true with the second coming and with all those matters wherein our faith needs to include faith in the Lord's timing for us personally, not just in His overall plans and purposes." -Neal A. Maxwell-
I realized that this concept was what I lacked. That's why I couldn't exercise my faith. I didn't trust the Lord's timing and didn't understand that He has "our welfare at heart." The Lord loves us. He wants us to be happy. Obviously, He doesn't give us anything that we desire right away (because either your desire is not what the Lord desires or it's just not the right time); however, if we understood that the Lord cares for us and knows what's the best for us, He will give us whatever we need in His own timing.

I am ashamed to say that I trusted the Lord when I complained and didn't understand His timing. I am ashamed to even say that I had faith in Him. However, because I am weak, the Lord is willing to make me strong as I come to Him in humility. I know He's preparing me for something great because I had to humble myself many times recently and learn so many gospel principles. I am grateful that the Lord humbles me because He loves me.

Related Posts
Not My Thoughts Part 5
Not My Thoughts Part 4
Not My Thoughts Part 3
Not My Thoughts Part 2
Not My Thoughts 

0 comments:

Post a Comment