So in my Developmental Psychology: Adolescence class, we were talking about what parents could do to help their children not cheat in school. My idea for my kids were pretty great and I thought it would be funny to share with you all.
KYOO'S PARENTING 101
I am going to help my children with their school work but when they ask me for help, I am going to tell them, "You are Asian. You know this." Obviously, I will help them time to time but I am not going to help them all the time so that they would have to find out answers for themselves, but one way of helping them is that I am going to use stereotypes to make them believe that they are smart (it works many times, I promise). It's all about whether you believe in yourself or not and when someone believes that he/she can do something, he/she will be able to actually do it. You should read/watch this post (Fake It Till You Become It!).
Anyways, I think it's a good idea, don't you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment