Monday, October 22, 2012

Blessings: Small and Simple


There are two types of blessings: profound and minuscule. Many times we look for blessings that are so profound that they will knock our shoes off; however, not all the blessings are like that.

Recently, I decided to give up all the blessings I had been promised. I was so done. I gave up everything. However, something remarkable happened. I thought this was my second chance. I wanted to give all to make it work. The past four days have been so marvelous. However, it wasn't supposed to last forever. I learned much from my past experience what I needed to do. I was stubborn so I didn't want to do it but I knew it was the right thing to do. It hurt. I hurt a lot. However, S. told me that I should think about all the blessings I had received and that I should give up on all the blessings that I will receive.

So today, I went to LDS.org to read some scriptures and the video was one of the first things I noticed. President Monson stated, "I have found that, rather than dwelling on the negative, if we will take a step back and consider the blessings in our lives, including seemingly small, sometimes overlooked blessings, we can find greater happiness." and then invited us to "take an inventory of [our lives] and look specifically for the blessings, large and small, [we] have received." What a tender mercy of the Lord! He knows me. He knows what I need. He is always mindful of my existence.

The biggest blessing I have received is obviously the gospel of Jesus Christ. Without it, I would not be here. I don't mean here in Utah or in the US. I mean I would not be alive if it weren't for it. I would have lost all my hope and I would have taken my life long time ago, but I am here because I know that I am supposed to do something amazing with my life. I have faith and hope that things will work out. The Lord will take me wherever He wants me to go.
"Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin." -Matthew 6:28-
Related Posts 
Faith in God and in His Plans
A Change of Seasons
Worries And Fears

0 comments:

Post a Comment