My friend, J., who was sitting next to me asked me why he doesn't receive awesome blessings like the ones this investigator received. I realized that it's because we usually don't go to church expecting to receive blessings but to be taught. It's the same for all the commandments that we keep. Many times we forget to ask for blessings as we keep these commandments but we do it too casually. Do we not know that we can receive blessings from paying tithing? Windows of heaven will open (Malachi 3:10). If we were to think of blessings that we would like as we keep all the commandments, we will recognize those specific blessings.
I am not saying I do this but I want to. There are so many blessings that the Lord has promised me and I should continue to think about them as I pay tithing, attend all three church meetings, study the scriptures, pray, attend the temple, etc.
0 comments:
Post a Comment