Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Giving Gratitude

As many of you know, I keep a journal. Currently, I am on my 11th journal since the second semester of the senior year of high school and it's about time to change to a 12th journal. I write from religious things to very personal things but recently, I realized that I have a hard time coming up with things to write. Perhaps, it's due to lack of events in my life since I don't go to school and I can't really write about patients at work. Therefore, I decided to come up with one thing that I am grateful for each day so that I would have something to write about everyday and I will focus more on spiritual things.
"And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more." -Doctrine and Covenants 78:19-
In the most recent First Presidency Message by President Eyring, he stated:
"President Spencer W. Kimball (1895–1985) described that process of inspired writing: 'Those who keep a book of remembrance are more likely to keep the Lord in remembrance in their daily lives. Journals are a way of counting our blessings and of leaving an inventory of these blessings for our posterity.'
"As you start to write, you could ask yourself, 'How did God bless me and those I love today?' If you do that often enough and with faith, you will find yourself remembering blessings. And sometimes you will have gifts brought to your mind that you failed to notice during the day but that you will then know were a touch of God’s hand in your life."
I need to recognize the Lord's hand in my life each day and remember that I have been given so much even though I am not perfect. It is true that I would like more blessings in my life but for me, recognizing all these blessing will help me turn to the Lord more often and help me become more obedient to be worthy of those blessings. There are blessings all around us that we fail to recognize. I truly believe that when we recognize these blessings, we will be able to recognize His love for us and how often He blesses us with what we need.

Related Posts
Creativity for My Journal

0 comments:

Post a Comment