Wednesday, July 28, 2010

First one

This is my first blog and I will be writing some of my mission experiences from my journals with my new thought and some of my thoughts as the days go by.

The picture is of my first roommates at the MTC. Me, Elder Stuart Gardner, Elder Wontak (Jimmy) Kim, and Elder AJ Heaps.

"...I finally made it to the MTC.
My companion's name is Elder Gardner and I share a room with him, Elder Heaps, and Elder Kim. Elder Kim is from South Korea.
Jordan picked me up from the airport and dropped me off at the MTC.
Tess and her friend, Brandon came to say goodbye. They stayed through the presentations. Tess gave me a letter and with it she gave me $20. I was surprised to see $20 but I cannot accept it. I will sen her back the money.
I became a district leader for a few weeks. It will be fun to figure out what I need to do to fulfill my calling.
I met Elder Will Valdez. He's from Franklin ward. He has broken his knee so he will be staying for few more weeks.
Everything went pretty smoothly. I am going to love learning Spanish!" -June 4, 2008-

I didn't really write too much about how I felt and just stated facts back then. I think that's why I need to write my thoughts after writing excerpts from my journals. It was pretty exciting day for me because when I found out that my companion is Elder Gardner, I thought of a missionary who taught my family and baptized us. I think that's why I loved and still love Elder Gardner so much.
I really had no idea what to expect at the MTC. I didn't have anybody to tell me what it was like. My brother who went into the MTC five months before I did didn't tell me anything so I just had to find out on my own.
I definitely loved the food... in the beginning. Everything was so new but excitement took over the nervousness...

0 comments:

Post a Comment