Saturday, July 31, 2010

June 23, 2008






06-23-08 Monday
"Today Elder Gardner and I went to BYU alteration. Yes, we did leave the MTC to get there. It was a fun trip.
When we came back, we started to study since we missed [gym]. While we were studying outside, Hermana Summers walked up to us and asked us if we had any [pain relievers]. We said, "no," but before the class started, we went and bought some [pain relievers] for her...
In her class, she told us to write a letter to ourselves. I hope I will get to read it later. Hermana Summers said [that] she's going to send us our letters. I can't wait to read my letter.
Because new mission presidents are meeting with their missionaries, we got kicked out of our room so we decided to go to RC. It was actually pretty fun. We got tons of inbound calls and my favorite one is this lady who called to find out the phone number [of] the Church Headquarters. She said that [the] Church in her area did some service in her community and she was so grateful that she wanted to call the Headquarters to say thank you. However, since I don't know the number and can't give her the number, I gave her the number of the Church in her area.
She was so nice. I hope she will want to join [the] Church."

As I was writing this, I remembered this day. Elder Gardner had to get his baptism pants fixed so we got to go to the BYU laundry room to get it fixed. They said they were going to send it to him and they did.
I remember going to the BYU bookstore after talking to Hermana or Sister (for some people who don't speak Spanish) Summer and trying to figure out which pain reliever we should get. I think we decided to get two different kinds or something. hahaha
I also remember when the MTC was so packed with new mission presidents and the General Authorities. They blocked off half of the cafeteria so the missionaries had to stand in long lines while all the "important" (hahaha jk they are important) people got super nice meals in most etiquette way without lines. That must've been really nice, I bet.
Also the lady at the RC. For those who don't know what RC is, RC is where people call the number on the commercial on TV and we answer them. We also do chatting online when they get on through Mormon.org. It's pretty fun and the only real "missionary" experience at the MTC. I don't know if they still have that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment