Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Prayers, Time, and Answers

"The Lord's timetable and our watches are not always synchronized." (T.G. Madsen)
"Consider Jacob’s virtual unawareness of time as he worked seven years for Rachel, as recorded in Genesis 29:20. “And Jacob served seven years for Rachel; and they seemed unto him but a few days, for the love he had to her.” Beautiful! We mortals are so trapped in this dimension of time. It is not our natural element. We wear it like an ill-fitting suit of clothes, and we wish to hasten its passage on occasion. We also want to hold back the dawn on other occasions. We are not at home with time because we belong to eternity. In the moments when we are true and at our best, we have the experience of timelessness which Jacob had." (Neal A. Maxwell)

Those quotes are from my favorite blog  Every time I go to her blog, I see how much she is inspired by God and inspires me to hold on to my faith.

Everybody once in a while feels like God is slow to hear his/her prayers. A song that she quoted gives us hope and peace that He does listen and we should be grateful for that.
Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers 
Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs 
That just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he don't care 
Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers
I am grateful that He listened to my prayer today and gave me such peace and comfort as I read this blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment