Thursday, December 1, 2011

"I Wasn't Born Here!" Pt 3

I love it when people who were born here come to me to either check their papers or ask me how to spell "completely." I had a guy come up to me last Saturday and he asked me to read over his paper to make sure everything looks good. Later I found out that he was sending this paper to Japanese government for an English teaching job there. OK, if you would think that his English would be pretty good because he will be teaching it to Japanese, you are wrong. His paper was terrible in a way that the paragraphs he wrote were so short and very choppy. I didn't say anything to him about it but I just couldn't help thinking that even I could write a better paper than that. Also, his paper did not sound professional at all because the way he wrote the sentences with the words he chose sounded like he was still in high school. Didn't he take English 150? I mean, when I write anything that is as important as his paper for this job, I always have a different tone of voice than when I am blogging about people who can't write. Am I wrong?

Dude, I don't know how your paper stinks so much when I, who wasn't born here, can write something that is so much better than that.


And yes, I had someone come to me and asked me how you spell "completely" about an hour ago. If it was something like "onomatopoeia," I would have told her to look it up online or have butchered it, but "completely"? Are you serious?


Dude, I even know how to spell that even though I wasn't born here.


Related Post
"I Wasn't Born Here!"
"I Wasn't Born Here!" Pt 2

0 comments:

Post a Comment