Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Best Day

Everyday is the same. I wake up, pray, put my contacts on, take a shower, get dressed, have breakfast, then go to work. However, there are some things I do to make my day way better. I have a way stressful and annoying job, and by the end of the day, I am so sick and tired of talking to people. I have never done this method before until few days ago but I realized that it made me happier and made me have better attitude through out the day.

1. Service
I decided few Sundays ago that I will do a service for my roommates everyday. As missionaries, we were taught to serve your companions to show love for them and to get along better. They don't have to be something big. Things I did and plan on doing are taking out trash, put dirty dishes in the dishwasher, put away clean dishes, clean the kitchen, clean the bathroom, clean the floor, organize things in the apartment, etc. Doing one thing a day might sound not a big deal but it does help you feel good.

2. Pumping-up
I call this pumping-up. What I do is that before I leave the apartment, I stand in front of a mirror and tell myself that I will have an awesome day, how awesome I am, and how happy I am. I had the best days when I did this before I left the apartment and I had such a positive attitude throughout the day. It works! I promise. I would recommend you doing it when no one is around though, or you might have some explaining to do to your roommates.

3. Pandora
This morning I listened to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir plus Paul Cardall station on Pandora and that made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :) It helped me calm me down and I felt the Spirit. Isn't that a nice way to start a day? As I listened to "How Great Thou Art," I recalled all my weaknesses and trials I am facing in my life, but God is mightier than all and He wants me to rely on Him.

There are other things you can do but these are few things I try to do every morning to help me stay spiritually high and have a positive attitude throughout the day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment