There are so many things I think are weird in the US. Things people say and do.
 |
| It says "Don't listen to Satan." Drawn by Joshua Loveless |
One of them is the use of "hell." Don't get offended now; let me explain first. If we are reading it from scriptures, it's OK to say it. If we are saying it in vain, then it's not OK. Now, think about taking God's name or Christ's name in vain. It's definitely not OK to use them because their names are sacred. We would never do that. What about saying "Satan" in vain? Is that OK? The scriptures don't say anything about that. What about saying "What the heaven!" Is that OK? We say "Good heavens!" or something like that. Then my question is why is it not OK to say "what the h***"? Why is that wrong? Hell is definitely not sacred. (Dear readers, I understand that it's a cultural and social standard thingy whatever. I am just saying how I view it as an outsider.)
 |
| This would be my breakfast everyday if I had money |
Another thing is that people FREAK OUT if you have a huge meal for breakfast. Actually, if it's anything other than cereal, toast, or any "traditional" breakfast, people freak out. I can't even have ramen for breakfast without my roommates looking at me funny. Last Sunday, I was making ramen for lunch actually. I have church at 1 pm so I was making it around 12. They were all like, "Are you having ramen for breakfast? That's weird!" Dude, I got up at 9 and already had breakfast. Just because you lazy bums woke up like 10 minutes ago doesn't mean everybody else is having breakfast that time. I don't understand how we learn that the breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it helps our brain function in the morning but whenever I try to eat something heavier than cereal or a piece of toast, people freak out. Shouldn't you have whatever you eat for dinner as breakfast and breakfast for dinner? You are not supposed to eat like 4 hours or something before you go to bed so cereal, a piece of toast, or fruit would be perfect for dinner.
It doesn't make whole lot of sense why people do and think this way but what do I know? I wasn't born here.
0 comments:
Post a Comment