Thursday, June 30, 2011

I Work at a Zoo Called "Library" Part 2

This is a call I got some time ago.

Guy: "Hey, what time does the library open today?"
Me:  (Thinking he was asking when we close since I answered the phone, it's obvious that we are open.) "We close at midnight."
Guy: "But what time does the library open?"
Me: (Dumbfounded) "...We are open right now."
Guy: "Oh, you are? Cool."
Me: "Yea..."
Guy: "...Bye."

I love it when the patrons come to the desk and complain that their card doesn't work. These are the reason why their cards don't work.

1. Their cards are all scratched up.
This rarely occurs but it happens. They are too cheap to go get a new card and keeps coming back to us to print for them. I wish there were a policy against us printing out for them for not getting a new card.

2. They keep swiping the wrong side of the card.
Simple "turn your card" will solve the problem. I sometimes hope they feel really stupid for not realizing that.

3. They sent print jobs from their laptop without downloading Pharos.
What did you think would happen? Just print them for free? It's not your printer at home.

4. (This is my favorite.) "Wrong card, buddy!"
You would think if you are in college, you can tell the difference between a college ID card and a debit card. Some don't have a clue. They come to the desk complaining that their card doesn't work. I take their card to see if it would work on the WorkFlows then I realize that it's their debit card. For this incident, I don't even hope they feel stupid because I know they feel stupid.


Related Blog

0 comments:

Post a Comment