(9:49:30 PM) 4152939131328676574781628\40libraryh3lp.com@chat.libraryh3lp.com: hi!
(9:49:40 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Hi!
(9:49:44 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: What can I help you with?
(9:49:45 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I'm interested in finding a book that has pictures of BYU campus from the 1960's.
(9:49:59 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: Would I be able to find this in the yearbooks etc. on the 5th floor?
(9:50:08 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: Or would I need to access Special Collections?
(9:50:41 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Yearbooks are in Special Collections but I am not sure if it would have pictures of BYU campus.
(9:52:14 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Go to the library website.
(9:52:30 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: okay! I'm here
(9:52:31 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Then click "Digital Collections" under Unique Collections.
(9:52:53 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: excellent
(9:53:07 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: haha, George Beard has a beard, I get a kick out of that every time
(9:53:24 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Then there is a link for Internet Archive - HBLL Collections.
(9:53:42 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: When you go to that page, search for The Banyan, which is the name of BYU yearbook.
(9:56:13 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: ooh, I didn't know that. Banyan trees are cool.
(9:56:27 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: I don't know what they are. haha
(9:56:39 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: humongous south asian trees
(9:56:54 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: I just looked it up. It looks really cool.
(9:56:59 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: they symbolize unity for reasons I don't recall because my brain just got melted in the testing center
(9:57:01 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: woo chem
(9:57:12 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: okay, okay, thanks for your help
(9:57:17 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: No problem
(9:57:24 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I'll stop bothering you now... ma'am? sir?
(9:57:27 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Sir.
(9:57:32 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: Sir, then
(9:57:38 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Thank you, kind sir.
(9:57:43 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I'm a ma'am.
(9:57:48 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: haha
(9:57:55 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Thank you, kind ma'am or miss?
(9:58:26 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: miss!
(9:58:29 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: ...both
(9:58:47 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: haha I actually asked few of my female friends which would be appropriate.
(9:58:53 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: geez I'm American! I don't do titles well. It's not in my blood...
(9:58:53 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: They prefer miss.
(9:58:55 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: ah
(9:58:55 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: well
(9:58:58 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: there you have it
(9:59:05 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I don't really have opinions on the subject..
(9:59:44 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: so I'm actually kind of curious how this whole chat thing works
(10:00:12 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: are you just a dude sitting at the circulation desk? or are you sequestered in a secret room on the secret 7th floor of the library?
(10:00:27 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: I am at a refrence desk on the third floor.
(10:00:38 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: All the chats from the main page come here.
(10:01:05 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: oh craziness
(10:01:26 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I'm rather disappointed there's not a 7th floor
(10:01:43 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: haha that would make this building pretty tall.
(10:02:18 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Maybe there is a 7th floor...
(10:02:22 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: That no one knows about...
(10:02:27 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: it's possible
(10:02:43 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: it was a long time before I figured out the Tanner had a 7th floor
(10:02:56 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: there's nothing good up there
(10:03:02 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: haha
(10:03:26 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I'm still campaigning to get swipe access to everything–tanner roof, dinosaur museum, SWKT labs...
(10:03:28 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: I don't go over there so I don't even know how many floors there are.
(10:03:51 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: your loss. if you do homework in there long enough people come and give you free food
(10:03:56 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: it happens on a regular basis
(10:03:59 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: crepes
(10:04:00 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: pizza
(10:04:01 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: donuts
(10:04:19 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: What!
(10:04:23 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: ...business people are so odd. they always overestimate their food needs for events
(10:04:32 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Or they have money.
(10:04:43 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: My co-worker never told me about that.
(10:05:22 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: She is a Business major and studies there all the time but never told me anything about getting free food.
(10:05:32 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: laaame
(10:05:46 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: granted, I haven't been in there in awhile... but it's mostly at night
(10:06:01 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Being a girl would help too.
(10:06:10 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I think it does...
(10:06:23 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: My co-worker is married so maybe that's why she doesn't get any food.
(10:06:25 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: reason #654,091 I love BYU...
(10:06:28 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: ooh that's lame
(10:06:46 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: a ring on the finger doesn't mean you wouldn't like a delicious crepe
(10:07:19 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: haha or being a guy doesn't mean that I wouldn't like a slice of even crappy pizza.
(10:07:59 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: yeah seriously
(10:08:31 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: what's your favorite kind of candy bar?
(10:08:44 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Anything with chocolate.
(10:09:13 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Honestly, I don't have favorite anything. I eat everything.
(10:09:21 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Even paper if I have to...
(10:09:23 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: that's so broad! I personally can't stand snickers
(10:09:42 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: however I discovered the magic that is the reese's minis in the JKB vending the other day
(10:09:48 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: my life will never be the same
(10:09:52 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: hahaha
(10:10:16 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: I got addicted to Grandma style chocolate chip cookies from campus vending machines.
(10:10:29 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: eww
(10:10:33 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: I was very upset when they raised the price from 50 cents to 60 cents.
(10:10:37 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: haha!
(10:10:51 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I have a thing for fig newtons
(10:10:54 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I know they're icky
(10:11:00 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: haha
(10:11:02 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: but they're also like 50 cents
(10:11:07 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: and oddly tasty
(10:11:13 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: and there's also the thrill of the chase
(10:11:24 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Last year in my bio 100 class, the teacher handed out fig newtons.
(10:11:25 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: since they're only in like three vending machines on the entire campus
(10:11:30 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: niice
(10:11:54 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: To tell us how there are insect eggs in figs so we might be eating some...or something like that.
(10:12:16 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: mmm
(10:12:23 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: sounds like a Dr. Riley Nelson move
(10:12:25 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: who'd you have?
(10:12:31 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: It was...
(10:12:42 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: .............
(10:12:57 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Ostraff.
(10:13:01 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: ooh
(10:13:14 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: never heard of... him? they pick the randomest people to do bio 100
(10:13:25 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: She/her
(10:13:33 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: riiiight
(10:13:42 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: I am glad I am done with that class.
(10:14:10 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: yeah I would've died if I'd had to do bio 100
(10:14:20 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: bio 130 was awful enough as it was...
(10:14:30 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: What class is that?
(10:14:54 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: it's bio 100 but for majors
(10:15:03 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Oh, OK.
(10:15:08 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: So you are a Bio major?
(10:15:21 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: the crack-of-dawn lab section was NOT my cup of... honor-code-approved drink
(10:15:28 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: yes indeed
(10:17:25 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: hahaha
(10:17:35 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: shh
(10:17:46 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: I took Spanish 321 at 7 in the morning.
(10:17:48 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I hear you can get kicked out for laughing in the library
(10:17:50 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: ooh ouch
(10:18:00 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I did the evening section of that last semester. ugh.
(10:18:06 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: but that's not nearly as bad.
(10:18:06 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: I am at Learning Commons which is No Shh zone.
(10:18:12 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: suuuure you are
(10:18:29 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: haha
(10:18:54 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: I don't know which one I like better: evening or morning.
(10:18:58 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Probably morning.
(10:19:06 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: so I'm guessing you are 21 or 22 and served a mission in latin america
(10:19:12 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: this is my psychic guess of the day
(10:19:17 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Nope, 23 and served in LA.
(10:19:20 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: DANGIT
(10:19:25 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I need to work on this
(10:19:30 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Man, you were way off.
(10:19:33 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: sigh
(10:19:40 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: You should talk to the Holy Ghost.
(10:19:47 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I correctly predicted Gingrich's moon colony madness
(10:19:52 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: hahaha
(10:20:00 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I feel like I should get psychic points for that
(10:20:04 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: okay think of a number
(10:20:06 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: 1-100
(10:20:10 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Got it.
(10:20:24 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: 43
(10:20:26 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: 21
(10:20:29 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: ugh
(10:20:32 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: hahaha
(10:20:46 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: maybe chemistry ruins my abilities
(10:20:52 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: it's a distinct possibility
(10:20:52 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: I think psychic power and biology are kind of far from each other.
(10:20:58 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Exactly.
(10:20:58 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: eh...
(10:21:07 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: you can actually get a minor
(10:21:14 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: biology: emphasis in psychic studies
(10:21:21 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: it's a department secret
(10:21:36 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: mainly because you have to have clairvoyance to know the program exists
(10:22:25 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: hahaha
(10:22:42 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: I am a psychology major and we don't even have that emphasis.
(10:22:52 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: but people think I can read their mind.
(10:22:58 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: well, there's something wrong about that
(10:23:11 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Tell me about it.
(10:23:16 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: and I know you can't read any minds because my sister's a psych-o too
(10:23:31 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: hahaha psych-o?
(10:23:36 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: yeah
(10:23:47 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I'm trying to come up with a good nickname for bio majors but I just can't
(10:23:49 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: That cut me deep.
(10:23:53 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: heh
(10:24:05 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: sorry to hear it
(10:24:21 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: It's all right. I will use my therapy skills to myself.
(10:24:21 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: psych is awesome but I don't understand it at all
(10:24:23 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: ah
(10:24:28 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: you're a clinical emphasis?
(10:24:36 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Yep.
(10:24:46 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: lovely
(10:25:04 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: my sister's sociological
(10:25:16 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: What does she want to do with it?
(10:25:21 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I have no idea
(10:25:24 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: grad school, I guess
(10:25:39 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: but after that... no idea
(10:25:41 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: haha
(10:25:46 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I think her plans sort of depend on her fiancee
(10:26:22 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: It's sad that most girls have to choose what they want to do depending on their spouses.
(10:26:31 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: yeah
(10:26:45 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Why don't guys do that?
(10:26:46 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I'm going to grad school to study probably ecology
(10:26:54 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: because they're meanies
(10:27:08 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: and he'll make more money as a CS dude– practicalities
(10:27:11 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: haha sorry I am mean.
(10:27:48 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: Well, 20:27 Librarian, you don't strike me as being overly mean but I guess you could if you tried...
(10:27:54 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: *10:27
(10:28:02 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: I knew what you meant.
(10:28:14 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: what are you going to do with your clinicalness?
(10:28:36 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Become a therapist and maybe teach when I am old.
(10:28:58 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Or die before I get too old.
(10:29:17 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: hmm
(10:29:31 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: sounds like a plan
(10:29:39 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: you know the funny thing is
(10:29:58 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I don't have any phobias or issues or other psychological weirdnesses
(10:30:07 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: I am sure you have something.
(10:30:20 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: except for an utter dread of psychologists and their analysis
(10:30:29 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: haha
(10:30:40 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: so heaven help me if I ever develop some kind of issue I need to go talk to a therapist about
(10:30:44 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I'd just implode, probably
(10:31:00 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: There are so many different types of psychotherapies.
(10:31:21 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Not every therapist "analyze" you.
(10:32:06 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: My favorite type, so far, is called "Client-Centered Therapy" and all I would do is repeating what you say.
(10:32:28 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: ...that would probably hurt my brain
(10:32:31 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: although come to think of it
(10:32:32 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: hahaha
(10:32:44 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: my friend convinced me to do something this morning by JUST THAT
(10:32:46 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: HEEEEY
(10:32:58 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: HAHAHA
(10:33:03 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: See it works.
(10:33:22 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: well...
(10:33:27 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I feel sheepish
(10:33:39 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Psychology works.
(10:34:00 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: What do you want to do with ecology degree?
(10:34:43 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: wellllll
(10:34:53 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I basically want to do research
(10:34:58 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: end up in academia
(10:35:04 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: all that good stuff
(10:35:23 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I just can't stand how complex and insane and beautiful the natural world is!
(10:35:23 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: In college?
(10:35:28 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: yees
(10:35:33 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: professor :)
(10:35:39 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: I guess someone has to...
(10:35:42 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: haha
(10:35:45 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I want to figure out how things work, if only tiny pieces of the puzzle
(10:36:00 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: like something as small as the relationship between fig wasps and figs
(10:36:42 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: So it's like anthropology but with nature?
(10:36:59 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: yeah
(10:37:07 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: or it can be more towards the chemical side
(10:37:14 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: you can go anywhere with it
(10:37:24 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: populations, genetics, whatever floats your boat
(10:37:38 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Cool.
(10:38:10 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: I would deal with my relationship with my clients.
(10:38:25 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: yes, quite
(10:38:48 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: it's actually surprising how much of.. everything comes down to relationships
(10:39:02 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: ever read any relationalist stuff? Gergen?
(10:39:09 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: theoretical psych, man
(10:39:14 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: No but I believe in Holistic Monism.
(10:39:18 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Everything is one.
(10:39:49 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: ...you seriously just threw out the entire binary foundation of our western thought with one sentence?
(10:39:53 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: way. to. go.
(10:40:05 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: haha
(10:40:17 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Mormons believe it too.
(10:40:21 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: relationalism is sort of a psych take on that– more empirical and less spiritual
(10:40:24 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: They just don't know it.
(10:40:32 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: hmm
(10:40:39 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: See you don't even know it.
(10:40:41 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I see how we believe it more than other christian religions
(10:40:53 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: but what are you going to do with 'opposition in all things'?
(10:41:05 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Exactly!
(10:41:15 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: They go hand in hand so everything is one.
(10:41:43 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: ah
(10:42:02 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: God is not God without someone to worship Him.
(10:42:03 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I thought so almost as soon as I typed it
(10:42:14 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: haha good.
(10:42:24 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Now I got another person on this philosophy.
(10:42:33 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: haha
(10:42:38 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: don't be so sure of yourself
(10:42:53 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Do you need me to persuade you more?
(10:43:09 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: well sure
(10:43:19 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: All righty
(10:44:01 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: In D&C, it says that the dead cannot exist without us and we cannot exist without them (talking about the baptim for the dead).
(10:45:07 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: right..
(10:45:18 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: it's a circle thing
(10:45:48 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: WAIT. hold it. I had this exact conversation with my Hindu Priest now converting to LDS friend
(10:45:50 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: this is odd
(10:46:09 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Every religion has some truth to it.
(10:46:31 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: yes
(10:46:55 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: except possibly SanterÃa, which is wacked out beyond belief...
(10:47:14 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: okay, well, they have... respect. respect is good!
(10:47:21 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Or flying spaghetti monster
(10:47:41 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
(10:47:49 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: oh gosh
(10:47:56 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I hate that with a passion
(10:48:00 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: haha
(10:48:01 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: Ra-men and all that
(10:48:20 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: I guess if people find peace in that...
(10:48:26 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: but they don't!
(10:48:35 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: it exists purely to mock and denigrate religion
(10:48:55 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Maybe some people really believe in that...
(10:49:03 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: it's... possible
(10:49:07 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: but I have not met them
(10:49:16 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Me neither.
(10:49:29 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: I hope one day I would meet one.
(10:50:06 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I don't
(10:50:09 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: haha
(10:50:33 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: think of how awful that person's life would be that the only solace they can find is in some ridiculous thing about spaghetti monsters
(10:50:38 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: that would totally suck
(10:51:06 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Haha but we believe in Jesus Christ with a physical body.
(10:51:17 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Some religions think that is ridiculous
(10:51:41 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: We believe that we have a living prophet.
(10:51:43 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: true
(10:51:56 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: We listen to old people!
(10:52:18 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: but I daresay that's rather more true and profound and comforting than a spaghetti monster...
(10:52:22 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: OK, that's not as bad as a flying spaghetti monster.
(10:52:25 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: hahahahahahhaa
(10:52:28 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: not... quite
(10:52:31 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: haha
(10:52:59 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: It's arguable.
(10:53:28 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: haha, to some people it is very arguable
(10:53:52 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: I could make it work... this is probably how some ridiculous religions started.
(10:53:58 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: you know
(10:54:07 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: the other day I thought that if I were to found a religion
(10:54:26 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: it would be one where people worshipped the glowing man that appears in the box when it's time to cross the street
(10:54:32 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: they fear the wrath of the red hand
(10:54:55 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I've got to figure out how to incorporate the stoplights somehow...
(10:55:03 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: They might not be able to cross the street because they are too busy worshipping.
(10:55:21 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: that could prove awkward
(10:55:29 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: unless... crossing is a form of worship
(10:55:34 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: hahaha
(10:55:47 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: or they jaywalk all the time.
(10:55:53 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: hmm
(10:56:10 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: The mortality rate would go up though.
(10:56:14 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: then tickets could be 'persecution' and a limit on 1st amendment rights!
(10:56:45 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Also, you might have less elderly people since they are too slow jaywalking..............
(10:56:50 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: hmm
(10:57:04 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: I kinda wanna take that last comment back.
(10:57:16 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: haha you can if you want
(10:57:19 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Nah, let's just keep it there.
(10:57:29 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: but they could wear protective talismans sent from the man in the box
(10:57:34 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: reflective vests and things
(10:57:52 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: so cars would get wrecked but they would be fine.
(10:58:01 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: There would be more car accidents.
(10:58:17 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: I wish we had something like that in our religion.
(10:58:43 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: more car wrecks?
(10:59:01 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I think we're fine with our "drive home safely" pleas in rote end-of-activity prayers
(10:59:25 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: haha you think so?
(10:59:33 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: I don't know if that would work in Utah.
(10:59:52 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: huh
(10:59:54 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: probably not
(11:00:28 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I have a theory that the greatest stunt drivers go undiscovered just because they drive in Utah
(11:00:38 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: haha
(11:00:45 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: probably true
(11:00:59 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: I don't know. Cali is pretty bad too.
(11:01:04 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: it can be
(11:01:25 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: depends on where– I guess LA could be pretty insane
(11:01:32 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: It is
(11:02:02 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: people drive like they are drunk but still aware that there are cars around them.
(11:02:28 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: haha!
(11:02:31 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: crazy
(11:02:59 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: have you ever read "Etude Sur les Couleurs en Vieux Francais"?
(11:03:35 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: What does etude mean? study? Study on the colors of old french people?
(11:03:45 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I have no idea
(11:03:49 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I don't speak french
(11:03:53 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: I do a little.
(11:04:04 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: etude means study, I know that
(11:04:05 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: anyway
(11:04:06 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: I took French in high school.
(11:04:09 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: nice
(11:04:18 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I did not like French
(11:04:22 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: even Gaelic is easier
(11:04:25 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: and that's saying something
(11:04:32 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: anyway
(11:05:05 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: if you were to check behind that particular book tomorrow after 1 pm, there would perhaps be a candy bar sitting behind it
(11:05:23 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: hahaha
(11:05:49 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: I work from 12 to 2 pm.
(11:06:08 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: excellent
(11:06:09 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: You can just drop it off.
(11:06:18 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: is that so?
(11:06:22 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: Yeah
(11:06:39 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: I will be at the Learning Commons desk the whole two hours.
(11:06:39 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: we'll need a codephrase
(11:06:45 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: haha
(11:06:47 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: "the marmoset sails at midnight"
(11:06:56 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: haha
(11:07:04 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: or you can just look for an Asian kid.
(11:07:23 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: you're the only one??
(11:07:41 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: also I can't profile; that's against the honor code
(11:07:43 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: ...or is it?
(11:07:46 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: In my department, yes. At BYU, I doubt it.
(11:08:13 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: I don't know if that's against the honor code.
(11:08:30 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: lol! I don't think it is
(11:08:40 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: did you know eating snails is not kosher?
(11:08:55 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I feel like we need to mesh the Honor Code with Mosaic Law. could make things exciting
(11:09:12 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: I think that could get out of hand.
(11:09:47 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: hmm
(11:09:54 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: We might get some people cutting people up for breaking rules.
(11:10:13 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: the parts about beards... the contradictions! "BUT I CAN'T SHAVE!" "BUT YOU HAVE TO!"
(11:10:19 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: ...heh
(11:10:27 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: haha
(11:10:30 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: get a beard card.
(11:10:39 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: haha or that
(11:10:48 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: I actually seen a beard card.
(11:10:54 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I haven't
(11:10:59 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I've seen the holders thereof
(11:11:02 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: but you know
(11:11:06 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: not quite the same
(11:11:49 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: haha I think people with a beard look awesome!
(11:12:06 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: (as long as it's legal.)
(11:12:19 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: I personally don't like it as a general rule, but I've seen nice ones
(11:12:22 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: anyway, I need to go and do important things now
(11:12:31 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: like... catch up on some needed sleep
(11:12:39 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: haha all righty.
(11:12:49 PM) 4152939131328676574781628: remember... the marmoset... it sails at midnight
(11:13:00 PM) commons_desk1@libraryh3lp.com/Home: haha ok
I Work at a Zoo Called "Library" Part 15
I Work at a Zoo Called "Library" Part 14
I Work at a Zoo Called "Library" Part 13
I Work at a Zoo Called "Library" Part 12
I Work at a Zoo Called "Library" Part 11
0 comments:
Post a Comment