"Was I sorry that I chose to come by handcart? No. Neither then nor any minute of my life since. The price we paid to become acquainted with God was a privilege to pay, and I am thankful that I was privileged to come in the Martin Handcart Company."We all go through trials in our lives. Perhaps, not like Francis Webster or prophets in the scriptures. However, it does not matter what kind of trials you face or how difficult situations might be. What matters the most is how you face them.
Brother Webster made that declaration because a Sunday School teacher criticized church leaders for letting two handcart companies to cross the plains so late in the season. That's not how Brother Webster viewed it. He remembered it as a growing experience and a privilege to get to know God, his Father in Heaven.
I realize now how much I appreciate all the trials that God has given me. Especially the trials that happened recently because I feel that I started to turn toward God for help rather than falling in despair. I stopped complaining but started to asked to know His will and desire. I started to get to know who God is rather than to know about Him. I am grateful for trials.
Related Posts
"For that moment..."
Why Suffering? Why Pain?
Let This Cup Pass From Me
The Best Is Yet To Come
For My Benefit and Growth
If You Could Go Back in Time...
0 comments:
Post a Comment