Monday, January 23, 2012

Occasional Sadness


"Sadness is an occasional indulgence, and it is often helpful to have a good cry. But when the gloom overstays it's welcome, I have to fight it." -Lori, the author of Pursuit of Happiness blog-
Do I agree with that? Maybe. I am not still entirely sure yet but I would like to agree with it. I definitely agree that it is very helpful to have a really good cry. It just makes you feel better, you know. Remember when you would cry when you were little? It always made you feel better and tired. I appreciate a good cry after a really hard and depressing day.

I think we try to push away any sadness from our lives but I don't understand why we do that. We all have to go through our lives with sadness to experience happiness but if we keep pushing away sadness, how could we experience happiness? One cannot exist without the other.
To make you laugh and happy...
11 For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things. If not so, my first-born in the wilderness, righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither holiness nor misery, neither good nor bad. Wherefore, all things must needs be a compound in one; wherefore, if it should be one body it must needs remain as dead, having no life neither death, nor corruption nor incorruption, happiness nor misery, neither sense nor insensibility. -2 Nephi 2:11-
 Don't try to push it away but let it be a part of your life. Perhaps you will recognize the Lord's tender mercies more often than you did before. But if the sadness lingers, pray!
 "Not all kinds of sadness can be cured - or at least kept at bay..." -Lori (again) talking about prayers-

Related Posts
Once In A While
If You Could Go Back In Time
For My Benefit And Growth

0 comments:

Post a Comment