Interestingly, I have been getting this pretty frequently recently. This is how the conversation usually goes:White person: You look like someone I know.
Me: I doubt that you know me because I don't know you. It's the Asian thing. We all look alike.
White person: (kind of startled) No, you really look like someone I know. It's not because you are Asian.
Me: It's OK. We all do look alike.
White person: (trying to convince me that he/she is not a racist) No, really. It's not because you are Asian.
Me: Really, it's cool. You white people look alike to me too.
White person: (laughs)
If you thought I was joking about you white people look alike to me, I am not. You do look alike to me. It takes me few conversations to really distinguish you from other white people. Don't get offended because you can't since you are not a minority (I can).
0 comments:
Post a Comment