Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Be Still

"...Be still and know that I am God." -Doctrine and Covenants 101:16-
This is the continuation for "Let This Cup Pass From Me" in a way. If you read it, you would know why I posted it. Even though I was stressed out about my life, I felt peace and knew that things will work out. The reason being that I always felt this peace when something terrible happens in my life.

When I first came to BYU in 2007, there was a problem so I had to drop all my classes and wait until the problem got resolved. It was a huge deal that I couldn't go to school because other than BYU, I had no place to go. I was heavyhearted and discouraged but for some reason, I felt peace that everything will work out.

Another occasion similar to the recent event, I couldn't find a paper that is very important to me. I was way stressed about it and couldn't figure out why this was happening to me. However, I felt this peace (it wasn't strong feeling of peace but still) that came over me and knew that it would work out. It did.

This time the same thing, I was really stressed but knew that the Lord wants me to stay here. I felt the feeling of peace again and knew that it will work out. Turns out (here's the update on the event) that I didn't have to worry about anything because I already had everything I needed.


Sometimes all we can do is to be "still" and trust God that everything will work out. He gives us peace to assure us that.
"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." -John 14:27-
We don't have to be afraid. We don't have to be discouraged. We don't have to be troubled. Christ has given us peace to know that things will work out. Isn't that all we need? That's all I need.

Related Post
Let This Cup Pass From Me
"Peace I Leave With You"

0 comments:

Post a Comment