Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Why I Look Up Often

I look up often. I love clouds. I love the sky. I love trees. I love buildings. I love how everything just compliments each other.

When was the last time you looked up and couldn't take your eyes off of whatever you were looking at?

This morning as I was walking on campus, I saw a jet plane fly by. As it did so, it created "clouds" (I actually don't know if they are considered clouds) behind it and those clouds with the Sun created shadows on clouds above them. Kind of like the picture on the right.

I absolutely loved it. I thought it was one of the coolest things ever. Man-made clouds and natural clouds made such beauty.

Then I looked around me. I saw people walking by, looking at their books, working on something...busy. Too busy to look up at something so beautiful. They were missing out. I wanted to stop someone and tell them to look up at what I was looking at. I wanted to share what I loved. But I didn't. I didn't because I knew people would have thought that I was crazy or weird. They probably wouldn't have cared as much as I did.

Am I too busy to see what's around me? Am I too caught up with worries? Do I give more time to God and His creations to appreciate them more often?

Related Post
It's Better To Look Up

0 comments:

Post a Comment