Thursday, April 26, 2012

Not My Thoughts Part 2

It makes you appreciate that God's thoughts are not your thoughts.

I was talking to a friend of mine, W. She told me that if she had been married or had been in a relationship past few years, she would have had some problems. For example, she had some health problems time to time and if she had been married, she wouldn't have been able to use her parents' insurance to cover the expenses. Listening to her made me realize that I also was blessed to be single instead of being married or being in a relationship (you might say, "whatever helps you sleep at night, Kyoo" and you might be right. However, is it still not true that God has a plan for me?)

What are some blessings that I received from being single? The most important thing above all would have been my friendship with so many people. I would not trade that for anything in the world. I love all my friends and I am grateful for their support and love for me. I don't know if I could have gotten a scholarship I got recently because I wouldn't have focused on studying. I wouldn't have looked at myself to make necessary changes or desire for any changes. I have learned to be more patient, humble and faithful and to rely on the Lord. There are so many things I learned through different experiences I had. More than anything, I learned to grow closer to God.

I know it's hard at times to be single. I know it's disappointing at times. However, I know that the Lord has a plan for all of us.
"Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction." -Isaiah 48:10-
"...for he is like a refiner’s fire, and like fuller’s soap.
"And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver; and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness." -Malachi 3:2&3-
 I am really grateful that He "refines" me to become a better person and a better follower of Christ. I am grateful for my friends. I am grateful for the gospel. For the first time in my life, I am grateful to be single.

Related Post
Not My Thoughts

0 comments:

Post a Comment