Thursday, April 19, 2012

His Will, My Will

Prayer is the act by which the will of the Father and the will of the child are brought into correspondence with each other. The object of prayer is not to change the will of God, but to secure for ourselves and for others blessings that God is already willing to grant, but that are made conditional on our asking for them. Blessings require some work or effort on our part before we can obtain them. Prayer is a form of work, and is an appointed means for obtaining the highest of all blessings. -Bible Dictionary, LDS KJV-
 I always wanted to improve the way I pray. I tried so many different things to have more meaningful prayers. One more thing I learned from reading Hearing the Voice of the Lord is that I am changing my heart as I try to align my will to His. I am not a huge fan of saying "aligning" my will because I think I need to get rid of my will to accept God's will.

Elder Lund said, "We don't persist in prayer to change God's mind. We persist in prayer to change our hearts." We should try to improve ourselves and become more like God and our Savior because I feel that that is the only way for us to know His will and to "align" our will with His.

Related Post
Prayers, Time, and Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment