1. STDEV 317R - Grad School Strategies
I was talking to my co-worker about this class, and she loved it and highly recommended it to me. I am going to take this class either coming Fall or Winter no matter what. This class teaches how to prepare for GRE, how to work on your resume, what you need to know about applying to graduate schools, etc. It will be like a mission prep or marriage prep class except it's for grad school.
2. SFL 110 - Food Preparation in the HomeMy roommate, Quentin, took this class and he enjoyed it very much. I am also interested in cooking and I want to learn to use different spices to make my food taste better. I am not saying my food tastes bad now but I think if I learned to use different spices, I would be better able to find the right combinations of spices to create amazing food. I can just see myself in a kitchen with one of those spice holders cooking like a mad man. That would be a dream come true.
3. MUSIC 117 - Basic Guitar Skill
I am sure many of you didn't know that I own a guitar. Yes, I do. I don't have a really nice one or am really good at it but I play it time to time. Currently, I don't have a song I am working on but I am thinking about either Billionaire by Bruno Mars or I'd Rather Be With You by Joshua Radin. Either way, I still have a lot to learn since I never had gotten a real lesson before. This class would be a good way to reform my foundation and get better at it.
4. MUSIC 111R - Basic Vocal Skills
Did I tell you that I love singing? Well, I do. Since I've started watching Glee, I am more into singing than before. If I knew BYU had a class for singing, I would have taken this class years ago but now I know they do so I will take this class for sure. Unless, someone will teach me how to sing really well for free. I guess I can watch tons of Youtube videos but I want someone to really teach me and do some hands-on lessons.
5. VAPHO 116 - Introduction to Photography
Did you know that I love taking pictures? I always think about how certain scene would be best portrayed by taking a picture of it in certain angles. Since I don't know anything about that, I usually just go with whatever feels right and most of the times, my gut feelings were wrong. This would set a good foundation of photography for me and I would be really looking for the "right moment" pictures. The only problem with this is that this class could be only for Photography majors. Why can't they offer a basic class for every major so people can learn to enjoy them?
6. SFL 102 - Introduction to InteriorsWhy interior design class? Because I hate it when pictures or paintings are not hung straight. Also, I want to learn to positioning the furniture to make the most space for everything and matching all the furniture to each other. I also like decorating rooms. I mean, why not? If I had my own house, I would like to decorate it on my own (or with my family). I am also horrible at colors so this will help me figure out what color goes well with what color.
I am sure you might think some of them are very femmy but I disagree with that statement. It's not "femmy" to learn how to cook or design. It's a skill that you can develop. God wants everyone to learn as much as they can to serve others and I am willing to learn what interests me if I can develop those talents. I am doing what I want and I know someday they will come in handy. It's always good to be diverse.
0 comments:
Post a Comment