 |
| Before I left on my mission |
Yesterday, I called my mom like I always do on Sunday after church. I told her that I will be heading home on Sunday, August 7 and she was excited that she will be able to see me a day earlier than she expected. One thing she didn't expect, though, is that I will be going to Los Angeles on Tuesday, August 9. I expected some disappointments in her voice when I told her this but she was actually fine with it. She knew that I would be visiting people I taught on my mission and she knew I missed them so much. As I thought more about this, I realized how much my mom loved me enough to let me go to LA without any objections. If you didn't know, my parents hasn't seen me since October and my mom is very much attached to me. I am her best friend. I should be extra grateful to my mom and show her how much I love her while I am home.
 |
| This is a random picture, not me |
Another thought I had was when I was about to fall asleep in my bed. When I am about to fall asleep, there are so many things that go through my mind and this is when I get the most brilliant ideas ever, then I wake up in the morning wondering what they were. Anyways, this one particular night, I was thinking about a family I was close with on my mission. I thought how much I love them and how excited I was to see them in two weeks. I thought of their children and I imagined one of them falling asleep next to me. I imagined carrying her to her bedroom and tucking her in her bed. Then I remembered my parents doing the same for me. I am a light-sleeper so if someone touches me or lifts me up, I wake up. Growing up, I would fall asleep in front of our TV then one of my parents would pick me up and would take me to my bedroom to tuck me in. Many times I would wake up but would pretend I was still sleeping, but I still remember the warmth of their bodies and the feeling of protection. I loved it and I would sometimes pretend to be asleep just so that my parents can pick me up and tuck me in.
 |
| My Parents At The Temple Square |
0 comments:
Post a Comment