Friday, July 22, 2011

Opposites Attract

Opposites attract, right?
I had an interesting talk with a friend of mine about dating and liking the opposite sex. That made me think of this song and decided to talk about what happens when men and women are attracted to each other.

The conversation came up with the type of people we tend to attract. No offense to anyone but I feel like people tend to attract certain types of people. I can't pinpoint out what type of people I attract (if I ever do) but the majority of them remind of someone in the past then I tell myself, "I can't date this person" or "I need to refrain from saying anything that might lead them to like me." It's not that I don't like them or anything but I just can't see myself being with them. I like talking to them. I like hanging out with them. I just can't see myself in a serious relationship with them.
I talked to some other people who said the same thing. They said perhaps, they should just accept the fact that they only attract a certain type of people and date them. God loves us; He wouldn't let that happen. :P

Another thing we talked about is how guys just don't get it. What it means is that, girls always give signs/hints/whatever but guys don't really see that. I don't know why they don't get it. I don't get it either. My thing is that I over-analyze; I think either that they are like that all the time to everybody or I just brush it off thinking it's nothing. "How do boys not get it?" girls ask and I say, "How can we get it? We are not girls!" We ask girls out if we think they are fun, interesting (in a good way), and attractive (as we are attracted to them, not "beauty"). What do girls do to let guys know that they are interested in guys? I can't answer that question for you. I am a guy, but WikiHow knows! A great advice from "professionals." I wish it's not socially weird for girls to ask guys out. People want everything to be equal but why are we still struggling with gender roles? That's for another day.

What kind of guys or girls are you attracted to? Are they almost the opposite or are they just like you? Do you look for the same or similar characteristics you have? Do you think about if you and the opposite sex have the same taste of music, food, art, movies, etc? Me? I honestly don't know. What I know, though, is no matter what quality or characteristic she has if I do really love her, it doesn't matter what kind of music, food, art or movies she likes because I will like them too. Whatever she feels is her weakness, I will like it also.


Of course, it's another song by the same band as before but it's about how the opposites attract. I will get around to translate this song soon.

Related Posts
Meaning of Love

0 comments:

Post a Comment