Once again, I would like to make it clear that I am not an expert at dating. I don't pretend to be either but give opinions on what I think. You, of course, do not have to agree and shouldn't find anything offensive since it's only one person's opinion.The Key of Dating
I strongly feel that the major key of dating is open communication. It doesn't have to be the success of dating but also the "successful" failure of dating. Let me try to organize my ideas and present them to you in an orderly manner. I don't think I will be separating it into "guys" and "girls" this time or maybe I will.
I think that every guy should do this but it might depends on the context. After your date, walk her to the door and tell her how great the date was and how great she is. Then let her know that you would love to ask her out again sometime but also let her know that she doesn't have to feel pressured to go on another date with him. In my mind, I would say, "I had such a great time with you. You are really funny and I laughed so hard when (bring up an event that was funny) (OR) I really enjoyed (whatever you did for a date). You know, I would love to ask you out again in the near future, BUT (and yes, you have to say it with upper-case) if you are not interested going on dates with me, you can always reject me. I might cry a little inside (make it funny) but I will be all right." Now, the girl knows that you are interested in her but you are not asking her out again for the week after that AND she knows that there's no pressure for her to go on another date with you if you do ask her out. She doesn't have to feel bad because there's already a mutual agreement that it's nothing serious.
And I think girls should take an opportunity like this to express how they feel. I've been talking to my friends and they learned so much about girls they are/were pursuing by talking to them and letting them know how they felt then they opened up. Girls, you shouldn't be afraid to "break" guys' hearts. They won't die. You should have an open communication with them so that they don't think you are leading them on and that you are interested in them. Guys would hate to spend money on girls who are not interested in them (I would too) so please, let us know. You can say something like, "I really enjoyed our date. You are a really sweet guy but (bless his heart) I am [looking for this type... OR not looking for a boyfriend... OR not interested in dating you] (OR) maybe we could just be friends (I like that better)." Of course, you will feel bad for him but he needs to grow up and if he throws a fit about it, you wouldn't feel bad for him at all and you would be glad that you crushed his (insert a way offensive word for "jerk" then turn it into an adjective) heart. Also, don't go on pity dates with guys because it will only lead them on.
So what is the key of dating? Open Communication!
![]() |
| Sorry about the background. You can click to view it in another window. |
Questions? Concerns? Doubts? If you have any of them, you write your own blog about 'em.
Related Posts
Understanding Dating: Problem #2
Understanding Dating: Problem #1
Opposites Attract

0 comments:
Post a Comment