This post is a little bit different than other dating posts I wrote because I don't know what answers/resolutions are. There might not be.
*When I say "we," I mean "I"...most of the times.
Over-analysisWe notice things while we are hanging out with the opposite sex: little touching on the arm, smiling a lot at us, getting close to us, asking us a lot of questions about us, etc. We start to think, 'Why did she/he do that? Maybe she/he is interested in me (or maybe not).' 'She/he kept calling me a friend. Maybe she/he only thinks of me as a friend.' It kills everybody to think way too much about what that person does or says because we try so hard to figure out if that person likes us or not. Then the assumption comes in.
Assumption
We tend to assume what girls or guys do is because they are interested in us. We say, "he/she did this or that so he/she must be interested in me." We can only assume unless we don't talk to that person about it or go on a date with him/her. Even then we only assume over and over thinking that he/she is interested (or not interested) in us.
Expectation
| I didn't choose this just because he's Asian |
Final Thought
As I have stated in the beginning, I don't have answer to this problem. I don't even know myself what I should do, but I decided that I wouldn't over-analyze anything even if a girl really is giving me hints because I don't want to be stressed out about things that I can't know without asking. I don't want to go back and forth between "she likes me" and "she doesn't like me." That sounds really immature, dumb, and very frustrating. (I am sure everybody knows what I am talking about.) Perhaps, the best answer is talk to that person and see what he/she thinks.
Related Posts
Understanding Dating: The Key
Understanding Dating: Problem #2
Understanding Dating: Problem #1
Opposites Attract
Kind-of-related Posts
Past Haunts Me
Meaning Of Love
0 comments:
Post a Comment